Wednesday, 17 July 2013

Undefined...

Most people have had one of those awkward undefined relationships in there life.  If you haven’t you are lucky, have really good communication skills, and aren’t afraid to ask questions and be upfront.  Good for you! Seriously! When it comes to questioning relationships I am a huge scaredy-cat.  No matter how comfortable I am with a person and how confident I am that they wont take my questions the wrong way, I still have a hard time questioning the situation.  I know I’m not the only one that feels this way.  Some people don’t like to ask questions because they are afraid of an unexpected or unpleasant answer.  I on the other hand, am afraid of looking like the “crazy girl” or the “clingy girl” with wild expectations and I am afraid of getting an answer I “want to hear,” rather than the truth. I know it sounds ridiculous but some people have a weird way of interpreting things when it comes to relationships.

News Flash: Girls like to be sure of things.  We like clearly defined lines and boundaries.  We like to know if we are on the same page.  We like to know if things are exclusive or if we are going to have to share with someone else. We like to know what we’re supposed to tell people if they ask.  We like to know what is acceptable in public.


There are so many different kinds of relationships out there that it can be very hard to tell what kind you are in.  It’s not always as simple as “single” or “in a relationship” anymore. Now things like “seeing each other” and “friends with benefits” exist.  And then there are “complicated circumstances” like careers or distance or family that keep the relationship undefined.  Are there lines and boundaries to be crossed in any of there types of relationships? What is and isn’t ok? Am I more into this than you are?  There is so much grey, its just crazy.  Some one really need to write a rule book about these things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment