Tuesday, 2 April 2013

Easter Sunday Hike



This Easter Sunday, a few friends and I decided to take a hike.  Knox Mountain is perfectly situated on the outskirts of the city and right on the lake.  The mountain has a number of trails that vary in length and difficulty as well as road access that ends at a lookout half way up the mountain.
Adventurously, we decided to start our hike at the bottom of the mountain and take the Apex Trail (one of the easier ones) to the top.  Our trail led us up the mountain through grassy areas and small stands of trees to a lovely little gazebo at the top.  We then ventured around to the other side of the mountain and found a beautiful spot overlooking the water where we sat and enjoyed the view before having to head back down.
When I was younger I used to go out to the mountains with my family.   We would hike up Johnston Canyon and explore other easy mountain trails in the area. I remembered how much  I enjoyed the feeling of being lost in and exploring the forest.  This weekend's outing has made me want to adventure out and explore trails and areas I've never been to.





  

No comments:

Post a Comment