Thursday, 28 March 2013

"You're from like 2001"


I get very excited when I decide to try new things and this is one of them.  Eventually my excitement about blogging will calm down and I will stop writing about blogging and start writing about other things  but for now I’m going to use it to my advantage. 
After I had published my first post I immediately told all my friends and everyone on Facebook about it.  My favourite reaction was from a good friend who said to me, “You're from like 2001,” which at first I thought was funny and strange.  After I thought about it for a while I realized he had a reason to mock me in this way.  People don’t make a blog posts about things that they are doing unless it is also useful for a good chunk of the population.  Most blogs these day are all about how to have perfect hair or the perfect body, make the perfect meal or find the perfect gift for someone special.  If people want to share their thoughts and feeling they make stupid rant videos or videos where they hold up flash cards for you to read.  They post them on Facebook and Twitter for all there “friends” and “followers” to see, but the majority of the people reading their posts either don’t know who they are or don’t really care about that they have to say.
 Maybe I am going back to 2001, before Facebook , YouTube and Twitter, when a blog was used as an online journal.  I am going back to a time where I don’t have to condense my thoughts into 140 characters.  I am going back to a time where the people will read what I have to say because they want to, not because it is the next thing on their news feed.  I lived in 2001 ( I was 8 and I don’t really remember it) so I can go back there now.  One day everyone will go back to it for one reason or another.  

No comments:

Post a Comment